If you are interested in applying for a position with South Texas Money Management, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Director of Fixed Income
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Director of Fixed Income is directly responsible for the management of South Texas Money Management’s (STMM) fixed income strategies including all activities related to credit analysis, research, trading and market development. In addition to the day-to-day management, the Director of Fixed Income will play an integral and highly active role in the strategy and efforts in building out this business as STMM is focused on substantially growing its fixed income Assets under Management over the coming years. The position requires a candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfort in client-facing interaction. The candidate will provide market color and outlooks to prospects and clients, and make regular presentations on the fixed income market to other members of the firm’s investment, service and sales teams. The incumbent will be responsible for writing a monthly fixed income piece and will contribute to the development of marketing materials related to the firm’s fixed income offerings.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for an individual to contribute to the growth and success of the firm’s investment team, and will be charged with coaching and developing the careers of any fixed income direct reports. The Director of Fixed Income will supervise the firm’s Fixed Income Trader, as well as any additional specific fixed income personnel hired as the firm grows; the incumbent will ensure those employees are effective in their positions and contributing to the success of the fixed income team, and the firm’s investment team, as a whole. This position reports to the President of STMM.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Strategically position and grow STMM’s fixed income portfolio by partnering with STMM’s sales team to market the Firm’s fixed income strategy and offerings
- Oversee the day-to-day trading of fixed income assets and inventory management
- Interact with other members of the firm’s investment team to help facilitate an effective investment decision making process
- Assist relationship managers in preparation for client meetings and fixed income presentation materials
- Provide active management of both taxable and non-taxable fixed income assets and portfolios
- Construct and manage fixed income portfolios based on investment guidelines
- Provide market insight and research depth relating to credit analysis and risk management
- Develop and maintain strong dealer relationships
- Regularly educate relationship managers on the fixed income securities universe, portfolio construction and execution
- Provide written reports on fixed income investment themes for internal and external distribution
- Provide monthly/quarterly fixed income marketing pieces to clients. These communications will include analysis of market trends, yield and duration, pricing trends and comprehensive credit reviews.
Strong understanding of the fundamentals of fixed income assets and portfolio management. Knowledge of fixed income benchmarks and methodology. Strong written and verbal communication skills; compelling public speaker. Advanced Excel skills. MBA and CFA preferred with a minimum of ten years fixed income investment experience. Team player and proactive partner to colleagues.
Job Title: Relationship Manager - Service
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for ensuring clients receive a high level of touch and an excellent STMM client experience. RMs are responsible for client communication to include face-to-face meetings, emails and phone calls, and ensuring client requests are being fulfilled and followed up on. RMs do not make investment decisions related to the investment of the account, but instead work with the Portfolio Management team to ensure accounts are invested according to asset allocation and risk tolerance. This position reports to the Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager in San Antonio.
Client relationship management
- Provide strong customer service and client experience to all clients
- Communicate with clients in the form of regular portfolio meetings to go over the client’s portfolio and performance, and through phone calls and email
- Meet with clients/prospects to complete new account documents, conduct a risk assessment to determine if STMMs products are a fit for their investment needs, and other forms required to manage the relationship
- Schedule meetings and prepare appropriate documents
- Respond to client requests and ensure requests are being fulfilled in a timely fashion
- Adhere to STMMs Service Checklist to ensure clients are being serviced as required by our policies
- Prepare and present to current clients and/or prospects and educate them on STMMs investment process and philosophy
- Cultivate relationships to grow assets under management
- Ensure open “opportunities” assigned to the RM are followed up on to ensure a high close rate
- Maintain opportunities and client information in CRM
Bachelor’s degree from four-year University. Law Degree in financial services preferred. Series 65 license or CFP considered a plus. 5+ years of experience in investment advisory client relationship management required. Investment Advisory and Trust experience preferred. Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong understanding of investment advisory customer and market dynamics. Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office products. Salary: base salary plus incentive bonus.
Job Title: Portfolio Management Administrator
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Portfolio Management Administrator is responsible for ensuring accounts are invested according to our core portfolio parameters and guidelines. The primary responsibility for this role is to ensure accounts are invested according to their objective while taking into account any restrictions. The Portfolio Management Administrator is an entry to mid-entry level job and reports to the Senior Portfolio Administrator.
- Client relationship management
- Review accounts to ensure they are invested properly according to guidelines.
- Work with Relationship Managers (RMs) to review new accounts and ensure a smooth transition to core portfolio.
- Review accounts as contributions, distributions, objective changes or other changes are made to ensure accounts are in line with the core portfolio after such events take place.
- Monitor and review outliers (at the stock level and account level compared to our composites) and follow up on performance question from RM’s or clients.
- Monitor non-core exposure in accounts and ensure exposure is reduced and replaced with core stocks, as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor a list of stocks that represent a noncore concentration to STMM.
- Maintain spreadsheets for the investment team and RMs to ensure accurate and timely communication between the two groups.
- Ensure the portfolio management system is coded appropriately for all stocks that the analysts are considering for addition to the core portfolio.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as needed to ensure all accounts are in line with core portfolio objectives and that all exceptions have explanations.
- Maintain procedures manual for the Portfolio Management group.
- Complete special projects as requested by the CEO/CIO or Director of Portfolio Management Administration (e.g.: sector exposure, single stock exposure, cash levels, and/or investment team reports).
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university. Some experience or classes related to finance and portfolio management work. Strong MS Excel skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to operate in fast-paced and changing market environment. Able to think critically and choose the best option given many moving parts in a variety of scenarios. CFP or CFA track considered a plus.