If you are interested in applying for a position with South Texas Money Management, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Equity Trader
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Equity Trader plays an integral role and works closely with the Chief Equity Trader and Fixed Income Trader. This role is responsible for executing trades for the firm across multiple custodians and for all accounts under STMMs management. Transactions will consist of equity purchases and sales, including option trading and fixed income trading. This is an exempt position and reports to the Chief Equity Trader.
The general duties for this job consist of:
- Handle all aspects of trade placement for equity securities including common stocks, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, options and fixed income by utilizing multiple execution platforms while ensuring best execution practices; This includes monitoring and processing trades, i.e.: trade input, trade execution and allocation process post execution
- Book trades and maintain restrictions as required on trade order management system, Charles River Development (CRD)
- Mediate and resolve trade related/settlement issues, pre/post trade instructions and communication with broker dealers, custodian banks and Client Operations
- Provide detailed information regarding trade errors; actions taken to prevent issues from re-occurring and financial impact to the firm
- Interface with various internal and external parties related to trade execution or securities monitoring
- Communicate market conditions to Chief Executive Officer/Chief Investment Officer, Director of Equity Research and other members of the investment team
- Ensure the receipt of accurate soft dollar trade commissions from all participating broker-dealers
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects
- Establish and maintain procedures
- Administrative duties of the Trading Department (scanning, filing, etc.)
- Other tasks as requested by the Chief Equity Trader, CEO/CIO or COO
- Manage competing priorities in a timely fashion with strong attention to detail and accuracy with limited direction
- Display independent judgment
- Take initiative and accept ownership of responsibilities
- Demonstrate mental discipline and the ability to react calmly and quickly in a fast-paced trading environment while maintaining accuracy and integrity at all times
- Values teamwork, but can think and work independently
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
- Self-motivated with initiative to accept new and additional responsibilities
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
Minimum 3-5 years trading and/or work experience, preferably at Investment Advisory firm. Bachelor degree in business, finance or accounting preferred. Knowledge of the investment industry and financial markets. Ability to use MS Office including MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Bloomberg and Charles River are considered plus.
Please submit resume along with salary history and requirements to email@example.com.
Job Title: Director of Fixed Income
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Director of Fixed Income is directly responsible for the management of South Texas Money Management’s (STMM) fixed income strategies including all activities related to credit analysis, research, trading and market development. In addition to the day-to-day management, the Director of Fixed Income will play an integral and highly active role in the strategy and efforts in building out this business as STMM is focused on substantially growing its fixed income Assets under Management over the coming years. The position requires a candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfort in client-facing interaction. The candidate will provide market color and outlooks to prospects and clients, and make regular presentations on the fixed income market to other members of the firm’s investment, service and sales teams. The incumbent will be responsible for writing a monthly fixed income piece and will contribute to the development of marketing materials related to the firm’s fixed income offerings.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for an individual to contribute to the growth and success of the firm’s investment team, and will be charged with coaching and developing the careers of any fixed income direct reports. The Director of Fixed Income will supervise the firm’s Fixed Income Trader, as well as any additional specific fixed income personnel hired as the firm grows; the incumbent will ensure those employees are effective in their positions and contributing to the success of the fixed income team, and the firm’s investment team, as a whole. This position reports to the President of STMM.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Strategically position and grow STMM’s fixed income portfolio by partnering with STMM’s sales team to market the Firm’s fixed income strategy and offerings
- Oversee the day-to-day trading of fixed income assets and inventory management
- Interact with other members of the firm’s investment team to help facilitate an effective investment decision making process
- Assist relationship managers in preparation for client meetings and fixed income presentation materials
- Provide active management of both taxable and non-taxable fixed income assets and portfolios
- Construct and manage fixed income portfolios based on investment guidelines
- Provide market insight and research depth relating to credit analysis and risk management
- Develop and maintain strong dealer relationships
- Regularly educate relationship managers on the fixed income securities universe, portfolio construction and execution
- Provide written reports on fixed income investment themes for internal and external distribution
- Provide monthly/quarterly fixed income marketing pieces to clients. These communications will include analysis of market trends, yield and duration, pricing trends and comprehensive credit reviews.
Strong understanding of the fundamentals of fixed income assets and portfolio management. Knowledge of fixed income benchmarks and methodology. Strong written and verbal communication skills; compelling public speaker. Advanced Excel skills. MBA and CFA preferred with a minimum of ten years fixed income investment experience. Team player and proactive partner to colleagues.
Job Title: Relationship Manager - Service
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for ensuring clients receive a high level of touch and an excellent STMM client experience. RMs are responsible for client communication to include face-to-face meetings, emails and phone calls, and ensuring client requests are being fulfilled and followed up on. RMs do not make investment decisions related to the investment of the account, but instead work with the Portfolio Management team to ensure accounts are invested according to asset allocation and risk tolerance. This position reports to the Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager in San Antonio.
Client relationship management
- Provide strong customer service and client experience to all clients
- Communicate with clients in the form of regular portfolio meetings to go over the client’s portfolio and performance, and through phone calls and email
- Meet with clients/prospects to complete new account documents, conduct a risk assessment to determine if STMMs products are a fit for their investment needs, and other forms required to manage the relationship
- Schedule meetings and prepare appropriate documents
- Respond to client requests and ensure requests are being fulfilled in a timely fashion
- Adhere to STMMs Service Checklist to ensure clients are being serviced as required by our policies
- Prepare and present to current clients and/or prospects and educate them on STMMs investment process and philosophy
- Cultivate relationships to grow assets under management
- Ensure open “opportunities” assigned to the RM are followed up on to ensure a high close rate
- Maintain opportunities and client information in CRM
Bachelor’s degree from four-year University. Law Degree in financial services preferred. Series 65 license or CFP considered a plus. 5+ years of experience in investment advisory client relationship management required. Investment Advisory and Trust experience preferred. Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong understanding of investment advisory customer and market dynamics. Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office products. Salary: base salary plus incentive bonus.